Be kept up to date on all of the latest controversies, record-breaking plays, teams, athletes and the most common misconceptions.



Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The Final Inning

Well folks, this is it, my last post. While there currently are and will continue to be many significant issues in the sports world, unfortunately, I will no longer be contributing my opinions on those issues. But I will definitely walk away from this experience a better writer and a more enthusiastic sports fanatic.

I started out at the beginning of the year not having the slightest clue on the proper writing etiquette for a blog. I began simply by compiling all of my research and the information I found on the topic that I was talking about into what I thought was an adequate post. Little did I know, there is more to blogging than this. My readers didn’t want to hear the bare bone facts behind the latest scandal; they wanted to know my opinion on that event so that they could formulate their own opinion. And as the year went on, it became easier for me to include my opinion even though it was a substantial struggle that I had to overcome.

The skills that I gained from my blog helped me become a better writer in other areas of writing, in addition to the writing necessary for my blog. The struggle of inserting my opinion throughout the background information I provided in my blog helped me in my literary and argumentative writing in my AP Language & Composition class.

To Be or Not to Be... The Best Tennis Player of All Times (Sept. 14)
This entry that I posted in the early part of the school year, when I was still learning about the necessary writing for my blog, I decided to blog about a topic that I feel strongly about. I figured that since it meant a lot to me that would be sufficient in the amount of personal opinion I included in the post. However, I was wrong. While I include my feelings on the playing abilities of Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, I mainly include the opinions of other sports commentators. This post is basically an overview of a significant debate that is already out there in the sports world, and that is not what I wanted my blog to become.


My First Professional Hockey Experience

We Say Goodbye to Chicago Cubs Legend
These two entries would have to be among my favorite throughout my blog. I feel that since they aren’t about an event in which I had to supply a lot of background information, I was able to keep the post primarily about my own experiences and feelings. That hockey game was unlike anything I had ever experienced in my life and I feel as though you could really gather that in the writing I produced for this post. I was extremely upset when I found out about the death of Ron Santo and I think this, too, is evident in my writing as I tried to convey it to my audience.

I really enjoyed writing for my blog and I think it was an extremely beneficial writing experience. The style of writing necessary for a blog is different from most other writing that we get to practice in high school. And for this I am grateful that I was given the opportunity to write to you, my audience, about the thing that has been my greatest hobby since I was just a little kid. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment