Be kept up to date on all of the latest controversies, record-breaking plays, teams, athletes and the most common misconceptions.



Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sports.

Sometimes I sit in class or I am lying in bed (the point is that I'm doing nothing) and I start to think about sports. Not necessarily about any particular team or even any particular sport; just sports in general. It boggles my mind that these athletes get paid millions upon millions of dollars to do what, play a game? They are professionals in something that we do when the weathers nice and we want to be with friends.

Do you not think it's crazy that these people are simply getting paid for the public to watch them play sports. I mean the same could be said for actors and actresses. They don't do anything that helps our community or betters the economy or any jobs that influence how we live; they are simply getting paid to be watched.

Is it wrong that these people are getting paid unimaginably more to make their team the best in their respective sports than someone who shapes your child’s future by teaching them how to multiply? And because watching these players gives our community something to root for and something to be avid about, we have just become accustomed to it and have accepted the craziness behind sports.

Obviously, I love sports. I love what makes them so unique and I love how intense they can get. Basically I love everything about them. Everything except, how much of a big deal they are compared to actual jobs that are necessities.

1 comment:

  1. sooooo smelllll i do not agree with your inpu. These people practiced sports just as someone went to school and practiced their job. They deserve to get paid just as anyone else does. loveeeee youuuu

    ReplyDelete